Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I am going to Private college next year, will I be still able to get student loan?

Does it matter if its a govern college or private college?



I don't have that much money for my college, and I was really hoping to get a student loan, but now I am thinking about this govern and private thing. Plz let me know.



I am going for dental hygine and here is all the financial information, its soooo much :(



Application Fee* (submitted with application)



75.00



Testing Fee* (submitted with application)



75.00



Tuition Deposit (due at registration appointment)



1,500.00



Tuition Payment* (due on Orientation Day)



14,000.00



Materials Package* (due on Orientation Day)



3 200.00



Tuition Payment (due 3 months from commencement of program)



10,500.00



TOTAL



29,350.00



Look at the TOTAL!!!!



:(



I am going to Private college next year, will I be still able to get student loan?

If this school is recognized by the Dept of Education to receive federal funds then yes, you can get federal grants and loans if you qualify. But remember, a school this cost you will have to take out federal loans and private loans to attend because the feds put a limit on the max amount you can borrow per year. (See limits in attached publication).



Two types of loans. Federal (good interest rates, no cosigner, no credit check) and Private (substandard interest rates and high destination fees, credit check and cosigners).



PS: $30,000 for dental hygiene? My goodness. You might consider attending a local community college. It will be 1/10th the cost.



I am going to Private college next year, will I be still able to get student loan?

in ontario u can

No comments:

Post a Comment